UOW-based Women’s Research Engineers Network to expand into ASEAN Countries
By Jane Davis
In 2021, WREN was successfully awarded funding by the Council on Australia-Latin America Relations to establish the network as a bilateral collaboration. Now with another round of successful funding awarded by the Australia-ASEAN Council, we will expand to the ASEAN region with new partners in Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam.
“While there is an increasing understanding of gender equality, achieving a balanced workplace is not a problem to be solved by women alone. Instead, it requires the efforts of entire workplaces to strive together.”Ms Grace Kennedy
WREN welcomes our eight new committee members as ASEAN Representatives:
- Assistant Prof. Dr Pathathai Nalumpoon, Chiang Mai University
- Ms Supara Grudpan, Chiang Mai University
- Dr Sutasinee Thovuttikul, Chiang Mai University
- Ts Dr Nishata Royan, University of Wollongong KDU, Malaysia
- Ms Juliana Fisaini, Syiah Kuala University, Indonesia
- Dr Yunita Idris, Syiah Kuala University, Indonesia
- Dr Vita Wonoputri, Institut Teknologi Bandung, Indonesia
- Dr Soan T. M. Duong, Le Quy Don Technical University, Vietnam
The original article was published University of Wollongong’s Universe Magazine. Photo by Paul Jones.