Building Bridges: Fostering healthier relationships between supervisors and postgraduate candidates
Organised by WREN
November 24, 2023
Time:9am - 10.30 am AEST
Join us for an engaging and informative free event focused on transforming the dynamics between supervisors and postgraduate candidates to enhance mental well-being and productivity in postgraduate programs.
Our postdoctoral expert, Dr. Samanta Pereira, will kick off the event with the main takeaways from her PhD research on supervision experiences.
Hear from Brazilian and Australian postgraduate candidates, along with two experts in the field. They will share their experiences and best practices to build healthier relationships within postgraduate programs.
- Prof. Honglin Chen, Deputy Dean of Graduate Research at University of Wollongong (UOW)
- Prof. Marília Arreguy, Professor at UFF and Researcher at Université Paris Sorbonne Cité
- Dr Rachel Burke, Deputy Head of School (Research Training and Education) at University of Newcastle
- Rogean Soares, President of the Brazilian Association of Postgraduate Students (ANPG) and a PhD candidate in Public Health at Federal University of Rio de Janeiro
- Emily Keough, Training and Development Coordinator at the Graduate Research School, UOW, and a PhD candidate in Psychology
- Moderator is Dr Emily Yap, Research Fellow at UOW and Chair of WREN
Brazil time: Thursday 23 November 7 pm
Australia time: Friday, 24 November 9 am