Embedding Sustainable Development Goals in Curriculum
Organised by WREN
January 30, 2024
Time:1 pm AEDT / 9 am IND / 10 am MY
Join us for an engaging and transformative free workshop on Embedding Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in STEM Curriculum. Assoc. Prof. Emma Heffernan and Dr. Leela Kempton, experts in architecture and sustainable building, will guide educators through the essential steps of integrating SDGs into their teaching.
- Understanding the significance of SDGs in education
- Exploring current methods of integrating SDGs into STEM curriculum
- Strategically embedding SDGs in teaching practices
About the Speakers:
A/Prof Emma Heffernan
- Associate Professor in Architecture at The University of Sydney
- UK Registered Architect with a decade of experience
- Expertise in sustainable buildings and curriculum development
- Passionate about applying architectural knowledge to real-world problems
Dr. Leela Kempton
- Research Fellow at the Sustainable Buildings Research Centre, University of Wollongong
- Background in Chemical Engineering and Materials Science & Engineering
- Project Manager for the Sustainable Homes Challenge
- Specializes in the circular economy in the built environment and sustainable construction
Who Should Attend:
- Postgraduate students teaching classes
- Curriculum developers
- Any considering to teach and passionate about integrating sustainability into curriculum.
What to Expect:
Participants will gain a deep understanding of SDGs, evaluate current curriculum alignment, and identify opportunities to embed these goals in teaching. The workshop will equip educators with the knowledge and tools to prepare students for a future where technical expertise meets global responsibility.
Don’t miss this opportunity to enhance your teaching with a focus on sustainability and global impact. Reserve your spot now!
Together, we can foster a positive change towards sustainable nation in the world of academia. See you there!